Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. has released the GALAXY Note 3 and GALAXY Gear smart watch in New Zealand.
The GALAXY Note 3 is Samsung’s unique and powerful new smartphone. The GALAXY Gear the hotly-awaited Samsung smart watch, a wearable companion device. The devices offer users more efficient and effective smart device experiences, with increased freedom and more powerful multitasking.
According to Samsung’s IT and Mobile Sales Director Josh Delgado, “Samsung’s on-going smart device innovation leadership reflects our commitment to listening to our consumers who want their mobile devices to help make their daily lives easier, faster and more enjoyable.
“We introduced the original Note in 2011 and, with it, introduced a whole new smart device category. The undeniable success of the range strengthened our conviction that consumers want higher quality features for their smart devices.
“The GALAXY Gear bridges the gap between mobile communication and fashion to create truly wearable technology. It frees users from the need to constantly check their phones and provides what we call ‘smart freedom,’ by allowing users to choose how, why, when and where they are connected.”
The Galaxy Gear is available exclusively in select Telecom stores until November 10, when it will be released into other retail outlets across the country.
The Note 3 is now available at Vodafone, 2Degrees and Telecom stores, as well as other retailers, nationwide.
The new Samsung GALAXY Note 3 offers a 5.7inch full HD display, with slimmer and lighter hardware design, and a longer lasting battery.
Some other features include:
- The Note 3 offers improvements to the S Pen to help make users’ everyday life even easier and faster.
- A simple click of the S Pen button while hovering over the screen introduces users to Air Command, a palette of five powerful features that truly make tasks easier and faster. The Air command feature provides access to five key functions: Action Memo, Scrapbook, Screen Write, S Finder and Pen Window.
Camera and video
- The Note 3 is equipped with a 13 megapixel rear camera with Smart Stabilization and high CRI LED flash. It enables users to crisply capture every image, even in low light and active situations.
Style and design
- Expanding on the modern Samsung GALAXY design philosophy, the Note 3 has a soft and textured-touch back cover and delicate stitching, evoking the timeless and enduring look of classic notebooks.
- In New Zealand, the Note 3 will be available in Jet Black and Classic White.
Samsung’s GALAXY Gear combines smart device connectivity with tailored technological features and stylish design to turn a simple wrist watch into a premium accessory.
Key features include:
- Samsung GALAXY Gear notifies users, of incoming messages, such as calls, texts, emails and alerts to their Note 3. This gives users the chance to accept or discreetly ignore those messages. When an incoming message requires more than a quick glance, users can simply pick up their Note 3 and the Smart Relay feature will instantly reveal the full content on the screen.
- The Gear’s built-in speaker allows users to conduct hands-free calls, maintaining connection without disrupting daily routines. For example, a user leaving the grocery store, whose hands are full with shopping bags, could still make a call by speaking into the Gear without touching the screen.
- Extending the quick-record concept, Voice Memo lets users capture important thoughts or conversations from their wrists and save those voice recordings into texts on their Note 3.
Camera and video
- The Gear offers a 1.9 Megapixel camera for users are on the move or participating in physical activities, as well as the capability to share them on social networks.
Style and design
- Taking a streamlined, rounded and simple form around the wrist, the Samsung GALAXY Gear integrates with the user’s style while maintaining comfort.
- The Gear also serves as a wristwatch and includes several face options that create the opportunity for users to personalise their watch face. It will come preloaded with 10 different clock options and more choices will be downloadable via Samsung Apps.
- In New Zealand the Gear will initially be available in Jet Black and Oatmeal Beige, with more colours due to be introduced in the future.
Music and sport
- Users can also control the music played on their Note 3. As with traditional music players, it helps users browse, play and pause songs even when their smart device is not within reach.
- The Gear also works like a Pedometer to track physical activity via enhanced, built-in sensor technology. This feature systematically and automatically monitors users so they can track key personal data such as calories burned, steps taken and distance covered.
- New security enhancement Auto Lock gives users the option to automatically secure the companion smartphone screen any time that Gear is more than 1.5 meters away from the Note 3, and then unlocks the smartphone when the companion devices are near each other again.
- Find My Device helps users find the location of their devices when they have been misplaced by making them beep, illuminate and vibrate.
The Samsung GALAXY Note 3 and Samsung GALAXY Gear are launching in more than 140 countries globally.