Consumers will experience content like never before with the new Toshiba Satellite U840W Ultrabook™ – the world’s first panoramic notebook featuring a 21:9 cinematic display, unveiled today by Toshiba (New Zealand) Pty Ltd.
“Designed for play as well as work, the Toshiba U840W Ultrabook™ introduces a new widescreen technology that could change the way people use their notebook,” said Justin White, Product Marketing Manager, Toshiba (New Zealand) Pty Ltd.
“As well as putting a breathtaking movie experience in the hands of consumers through the magic of cinematic display, our latest Ultrabook™ features new split screen technology for better multi-tasking.
Link to video of Toshiba Satellite U840W: http://www.mytoshiba.co.nz/ultrabook
“Taking full advantage of the 14.4” widescreen, you can view multiple windows side by side such as social networking while watching a movie or checking emails at the same time as working on a presentation. This makes the Toshiba U840W Ultrabook™ an incredible productivity tool as well as the ultimate entertainment notebook,” Mr White said.
“We wanted to take a bold step in the Ultrabook™ market with a product that responds to today’s consumer needs. With the latest IPTV trends, people don’t just want an amazing viewing experience; they want to interact with the content they watch in real time.” The ultra-thin, ultra-light Ultrabook™ features a two-tone aluminium chassis, textured palm rest, multiple USB ports and a larger click pad, so you don’t have to compromise on style or functionality on the go. In-built Harman Kardon® speakers further enrich the notebook experience with high quality stereo sound, while Toshiba’s new Hi-Speed Start delivers fast-start responsiveness as well as extended battery life.
“The Toshiba U840W Ultrabook™is designed with dual purpose for consumers who need to do business and take a break for entertainment. The Ultrabook™ is feature-rich combining portability and design with a world-first in entertainment and multi-tasking.”
Toshiba Satellite U840W Ultrabook™ | The world’s first panoramic notebook with the magic of cinematic display NZ RRP $2,199 (inc. GST)
Available from Mid June
· Metallic silver with two-tone/two-texture aluminium finish
· Weight 1.7kg
· Intel® HD Graphics 4000
· Cinematic display screen 21:9 (1792 x 768 resolution) allows for breathtaking wide-screen viewing
· 14.4" Widescreen HD, LED Backlit Cinema Display with Split Screen technology allows you to work in multiple windows for greater efficiency · Intel® Core™ i5-3317U processor
· Genuine Windows 7 64bit Home Premium SP1 · 6GB Memory
· 500GB Hybrid Hard Disk Drive Harman Kardon® speakers enrich the senses as you watch your movies, listen to your music and enjoy your gaming 3 x USB 3.0 + Sleep & Charge enable multiple multimedia data transfer at lightning speeds A Sleep & Charge port will charge your camera and phone while your Ultrabook™ is sleeping Toshiba’s Hi-Speed Start makes for a quick and snappy start up and performance Toshiba’s Peak Shift function lets you save dollars and energy by programing your notebook to switch from battery to mains power during peak times